Moving into a senior living community is a significant life change. Because of this, you will want to ask several questions and have a complete understanding of a community before making your final selection. With so many senior living communities across Illinois, you should conduct a thorough search to find the community that best serves your needs and preferences.
At The Woodlands at Canterfield, we offer a senior living experience like no other. Conveniently located in West Dundee, Illinois, our assisted living and memory support community is designed to enhance the lives of those we serve with exceptional care, services and amenities.
Whether you are considering The Woodlands at Canterfield or a different community in your area, here are the most important questions to ask before moving to a senior living community.
What Type of Care & Lifestyles Do You Offer?
When considering a senior living community, you first want to understand what levels of lifestyle and care are offered. For example, while some may be strictly independent living or memory care, others may have multiple options.
- Independent Living: Residents of independent senior living communities are typically active retirees who often choose this lifestyle option based on community amenities and social engagement. Because of the level of independence of residents, 24/7 care and support are not offered, but safety features may be in place. Individuals typically live in private residences or apartments and have access to community spaces such as exercise rooms, art studios and more.
- Assisted Living: Similar to independent living regarding community spaces, amenities and perks, assisted living provides support to individuals while empowering them to live as independently as possible. Residents may need daily assistance with mobility, bathing, medication management or other tasks.
- Memory Care & Support: These are communities specially designed to support people living with dementia and memory loss. Highly trained support specialists work with residents 24/7 to ensure their needs are met while providing warm, encouraging and joyful interactions.
You want to ask this question first, so if a community cannot meet your needs, you will need to find a more suitable location.
At The Woodlands at Canterfield, we provide the best assisted living and memory support care to individuals and families in West Dundee, Illinois, and beyond. It is our pleasure to serve residents and guests with exceptional senior living services.
What Sets Your Community Apart?
Every senior living community is different – from its physical layout to its amenities to its enrichment programs. When searching for senior living, find a community that aligns with your interests and values. For example:
- Is it important that the community have fresh meals and snacks prepared daily?
- Does the community need to feature a large outdoor space for walking and relaxing?
- Is it important that the community includes programs like art and music classes, fitness routines and social events?
- Are you looking for a pet-friendly community?
Think about your lifestyle and research communities that best connect with that lifestyle.
At The Woodlands at Canterfield, our assisted living and memory support community is designed to create moments of joy every day. We look forward to showing you how life at The Woodlands is unlike any other senior living experience in West Dundee, Illinois!
Are Family and Friends Welcome?
Most older adults who choose to move into a senior living community want to ensure that their family and friends can spend time with them in the privacy and comfort of their homes – while also taking advantage of some of the community amenities. As you are touring a senior living community, be sure to ask about policies regarding the following topics:
- Are there certain times that family and friends are allowed to visit?
- Can family and friends join residents in shared spaces like game rooms or community courtyards?
- Are friends and family allowed to eat in the dining room?
By determining whether family and friends will have the freedom to visit, moving into a senior living community will not seem as daunting to someone considering the move for the first time.
Explore Senior Living in West Dundee, Illinois
The Woodlands at Canterfield offers a beautiful and supportive community with assisted living and memory care services. Our mission is to deliver the highest standard of care and support to people within our community, and we are excited to welcome you to our exceptional community!
To learn more about senior living and see the progress of our new community, visit our website today.